Texas Hold ’em
Texas Hold ’em is an extremely popular online poker
game, It’s fast, it’s fun, it’s cool (it’s the poker game you see on TV!) and it’s easy to learn.
What’s the Deal?
In Texas Hold ‘em, the player with the best possible five card combination wins the pot!
So, How do I Play Texas Hold ’em?
Note: If two or more players have the same hand, the pot is split equally between them.
- The two players to the left of the dealer put out blind bets.
- Two cards are dealt face down to each player. These are called pocket cards.
- The first round of betting begins. You can either:
Call, Raise or Fold.
- The dealer burns or discards the top card on the deck and does this each time he deals.
- Three cards are then dealt face-up on the table. This is called “The Flop”. These are community cards and can be used by all players in combination with their pocket cards.
- A second round of betting begins and you can Call, Check, Raise or Fold.
- A fourth community card, known as “The Turn”, is dealt face-up on the table.
- The third round of betting begins.
- A fifth community card, called “The River” is dealt face-up on the table.
- The last round of betting begins.
- “The Showdown”. You can now use any of the five community cards on the table with your two pocket cards to form the best five card hand combination.
You can practice playing Texas Hold ’em online poker without spending a cent! Simply install our software
and then look for our “free play” tables.
Tips to get you in the game!
- You’ll already be able to see five of the total seven cards in the second round of betting. This will give you a good idea of how strong your final hand could be.
- The five community cards need to work with the cards in your hand if you hope to hold a winning combination.
- Don’t be afraid to fold! You haven’t lost if you fold early on a hand that won’t secure you a win.