Omaha online poker
is actually pretty similar to Texas Hold’em. So you shouldn’t have any difficulties getting into the game.
What’s the Deal?
The player with the best possible five card combination wins the pot!
So, How do I Play Omaha Poker?
What’s the difference between Omaha and Texas Hold’em?
- The two players to the left of the dealer put out blind bets.
- Four cards (instead of two in Texas Hold’em) are dealt face down to each player. These are still called pocket cards.
- The action after that is exactly the same as in Texas Hold‘em.
- There’s a round of betting.
- Then “The Flop”.
- Another round of betting.
- Followed by “The Turn”.
- A third round of betting.
- After which “The River” card is dealt.
- And then a final round of betting with all players going to “The Showdown”.
There’s one simple, but crucial, difference. In Omaha you can only use two of your four pocket cards to complete a winning five card combination.
Note: Winning hands must consist of two pocket cards and three community cards.
You can practice playing Omaha online poker without spending a cent! Simply install our software
and then look for our “free play” tables.
Tips to get you in the game!
- Watch out for the low cards. You are looking for a high hand only.
- As there are five community cards to choose from, Straights and Flushes are common.